Health Center Manager / Registered Dietitian or Diet Tech or CDM
April 26, 2018
$55,000.00 to $60,000.00 DOE
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
Responsible for the nutritional care of patients, managing the staff in the Health Center, nutrition education, and promotion of nutrition services within the health center and community. The Clinical Dietitian communicates daily with the Director of Nutrition Services and department staff. The Dietician communicates directly with patients, nurses, and other caregivers, primary physicians, and family concerning therapeutic diet requirements, recommendations, and diet education. Individual and group diet counseling and class teaching is within the job description.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the nutritional care of patients aged infant to elderly
· Leading the culinary team in the Health Center.
· Conducts timely screening of patients
· Monitors nutritional care of patients and may write special diets for personalized care of patients if needed.
· Accurately calculates and recommends enteral/parenteral feedings.
· Conducts weight and calorie counts in a timely manner and accurately communicates to the attending physician.
· Acts as a liaison in behalf of the patient’s nutritional care with medical staff making recommendations and contacts when necessary.
Provides for the nutrition education of patients, patient caregivers, and/or support staff
· Performs inpatient/family and caregiver diet therapy to meet the specific need.
· Provides in-service education training for Nutrition Services staff and other health care providers regarding nutritional care.
· Supports other departments with in-house education programs assigned by Nutrition Services Manager.
· Develops forms and education materials which are beneficial to patient education and care.
Communicates the nutritional needs of patients to the nutrition services staff to assure appropriate food service to patients
· Reviews menu as patient requirements indicates.
· Completes and updates patient information and/or communicates patient preferences to dietary staff before meal service.
· Solves minor problems between patient requests and therapeutic diet requirements.
Supports the role of Nutrition Services on multi-disciplinary health care teams and cooperates with other departments
· Serves on a multi-disciplinary team giving expertise to enhance patient care, i.e. Acute Care rounds and discharge planning.
· Initiates communication with other health care members to enhance the position of nutrition.
· Fosters good relationships with medical practitioners and generally promotes Nutrition Services within the hospital and community.
· Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of a person who direct care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the companies service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of our company.
· Meets the continuing educational requirements as required under the current state licensure.
Required: Bachelors and/or advanced degree in nutrition of foods and nutrition from an accredited school. Registered Dietician status or eligible by the Commission on Registration of the American Dietetic Association. Current state licensure. Prefer membership to the American Dietetic Association. Current CPR certification.
Required: Experience in clinical dietetics, charting, diet instruction, and community teaching is desired. Good verbal and writing skills are essential. Minimum of one year of experience in a health care setting. Experience in working with clients who have dietary problems related to illness. Previous work with terminally ill clients / families is preferred.